Sunday 15 October 2017

Zomtober Week 3 More Girls and Barricades and Stuff.

Only two more Survivor/Zombie Hunters this week again but another two off the long lingering paint table. Again both from Hasslfree miniatures one of my favourite 28mm manufacturers.

First up is Dakota who I assume is based on Alice from Resident Evil or some incarnation of her. It took me a while to work out how I wanted to differentiate all the different brown shades without it all blurring into one colour. I am not 100% happy but can't put my finger on exactly what I am not happy about with her. But I am calling her done.





Next up is Lisa Lambaste who is meant to be an ode to Ramona Flowers from the Scott Pilgrim vs The World movie. Which I am yet to see all the way through lol! I pretty much googled Ramona then picked a scheme/outfit I liked.






Derby Worlds show last Saturday. It had change venue from Donnington Racetrack for some reason I forget to recall. It has now moved to near Lutterworth up the road from Rugby. It still had a good turn out trader wise and is one of the bigger shows around the area. However the traders were a bit cramped and the food was a bit on the expensive side for what it was. It was good to see Karl at Crooked Dice there it was wonderful to see all the cabinets of painted miniatures and got some tasty sneak peeks of upcoming releases.

My main purchase of the day was after visiting the Mantic Games stand. I had been contemplating picking up the Walking Dead: All Out War game for a while. I'd started to save up some paypal as I had noticed some KS edition's available on the Mantic site which pretty much were a bargain for what they contained. I got a demo in from Rob Burman at the Mantic stand on the day the game seems fun easy to pick up yet has some good tactical elements available. They also happened to have a Kickstarter Edition on the stand so boom! I bought it lol. I also picked up the show only Lee and Clementine booster. After perusing the various traders I ended up returning and picking up a Tyresse booster rounding out my purchases for the day.






I manged to play a few games using the quickstart rules mainly solo just to get a feel for the rules. The Zombies interactions and behaviour are pretty cool. I am looking forward to teaching Carmen the game then getting in some proper games. This weekend I have cleaned up a bunch of stuff from the main set and primed it ready for painting. 6 Zombies, Sofia, Carol and Abraham. I will see how I get on this week numbers wise Ignore the part painted zombie I finished it last year but it has got damaged so I intend on repairing the paint job this week whilst doing these zombies flesh.



I also got spurred on to finish off some terrain for my games this week as these have sat primed grey for far to long. Pretty much doing bits here and there over the week has got them all done so I am quite chuffed and will come in handy for many games Batman included.





Eclectic Gentleman Tabletop Gamer - Pulpcitizen
Fantorical - Blaxkleric
Saturday Mornings - Ivor Evans
28mm Victorian Warfare - Michael Awdry
Miniature Mayhem - Terry Silverthorn
Cheaphammer!!! - Kieron
Lead Reckoning - Fred Jackson
Never Mind The Jankers - Roy Williamson
The Wargaming Addict - Wargaming Addict

37 comments:

  1. So much good stuff on show here, Simon. I reckon you won't be disappointed with "The Walking Dead" game. I rate it very highly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan yeah I enjoyed the rules and gameplay videos I had seen. But wasn't sure about the figures. But the new waves have made me say sod it lol.

      Delete
  2. Great posting, Simon, with loads of the shambling undead on show. Love your Alice - she looks great, and what a corking buy too. I've still got my "All Out War" starter box sealed up from Salute - so hopefully some future postings from yourself will encourage me to pop it open and see what's inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude. I am hoping to have some ready for next weeks post. Look forward to seeing some of yours to :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely painting as always. I'd like the zombie minis from the Walking Dead game but I'm not sure if they are worth the price to pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Its always tricky. I think as they often come with characters and the cards your paying for the 'whole deal' rather than just the figures. For me what one it in the end was Abraham I can't find a figure like the movie or comic version for love nor money and the KS coming available when I had the cash sealed the deal!

      Delete
  4. They look good.

    I suspect that I need to put bases on some of my Mars Attacks terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kieron. The barriers are fine but for me they seem to small when next to a based figure. The ruins themselves aren't sturdy enough as every slight bump had them toppling over.

      Delete
  5. Nice work! Well done for getting some terrain done as well. I love the Scott Pilgrim film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks. I must get around to watching it properly I only got into the first 20 minutes or so and never finished it.

      Delete
  6. Excellent work on this week's minis mate. :)

    I haven't seen Scott Pilgrim either, which I feel I really should rectify; BTW, watch Baby Driver if you get the chance (also by Edgar Wright of Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz etc.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude! Watched Baby Driver the weekend and its a wicked film!

      Delete
  7. Very cool minis and terrain as always, Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simon ... you are really knocking these off the park. Excellent work on both, especially Lisa aka Ramona!!! And as for Dakota I know you aren't 100% happy but I honestly think she looks good. Any mini we paint can always be better ... our bugbear if you will ... but she certainly looks good as she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude. I know what you mean. Dakota just didn't turn out like I hoped.

      Delete
  9. Splendid I am sure you will like the walking dead game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Clint. I like what I have seen and played so far. Going to get it painted up and get some proper games in.

      Delete
  10. I do love Hasslefree ladies! Lovely job on them both! Also a big fan of the Walking Dead game...sadly mine are still unpainted but that hasn't stopped us having a few games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon! Me to I am reading the comics now and its nice how some characters in both it and the tv series look so alike. Its nice how the turned around bit of the story keeping it separate.

      Delete
  11. Those are really good, take my word :)
    But it looks like you have some serious work ahead :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! Ha always got work ahead. I shall forge on!

      Delete
  12. Excellent figures Simon! I do indeed love that Alice figure. I think I may have that exact one myself stashed away, or perhaps the version with the Kukri knives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Terry! This is the only one I own currently I would like one with the knives I must admit.

      Delete
  13. Super pair of figures and I can't see why you don't like "Alice".
    If I didn;t have somany zeds of my ownI;d be tempted too to buy some Mantic TWD stuff.
    Love your scatter terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe. Just not how I hope she would turn out. I lack many modern zombies so makes sense for me. But can understand those with huge collections already.

      Delete
  14. Lovely figures and scenery Simon, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like it's been another busy week for you. Better hurry up, at this rate there is another six months of plastic in those boxes. The figures look amazing btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Fred lol yes indeed there are but zombies are quick and dirty :)

      Delete
  16. Ramona Flowers - of course! "Scott Pilgrim" is a very odd film, but you should see it all the way through at least once in your life.

    Hmm, there seem to be more and more zombie games all the time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to this week. Yes indeed but not all of them last or stick around.

      Delete
  17. Great work on the girls... and its nice to se you got the Walking dead game!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those girls look great. I really need to invest in some more survivors.

    The scenery set for the Walking Dead game has my attention too - some really nice and affordable pieces in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the scenery booster is great. The City accessories which i have half of is whats shown above. Its a corker of a set.

      Delete